How to prepare your system for live operation in just a few steps
The following steps will help you quickly configure Power eCard for your own needs and prepare the system for live operation.
1. Creating a motif
You will find basic information about our template system and the card design under freedom of design and templates. You are also welcome to use our free card motifs for your Christmas greetings.
To create your individual motif in the system, follow our step-by-step instructions.
2. Customized branding – own domain and sender address
Setting up an individual domain for the eCard links
You can have the eCard links issued with your own domain so that the recipients can see your domain name in the address bar of the browser when they open the eCards.
This is how the setup works:
1) Create CNAME
To do this, create a subdomain (e.g. ecard.yourdomain.de) in your domain administration and set up a CNAME entry that points to the following destination:
“YOUR_CUSTOMER_ID.power-ecard.io” is the URL where you log in to your Power eCard system.
Please note the following instructions when setting up the CNAMES:
- The use of A-Records is not supported.
- It can take up to 48 hours to update the domain entries.
- The subdomain must not begin with numbers or special characters.
2. Configuration of the domain in the Power eCard backend
Log in to your Power eCard account as an administrator. Go to Administration >> Settings >> General
Enter the CNAME entry you have assigned in the “Own domain” field.
Optionally, you can enter a destination URL in the field “Own domain forwarding”, to which your CNAME entry will be forwarded, if the CNAME is called without an eCard link.
Save the settings.
Setup of an individual sender address for the dispatch of eCards
If you want to send eCards via the Power eCard mail service using your own sender address (e.g. [email protected]), your email domain must be authenticated to increase deliverability.
This is how the setup works:
Log in to your Power eCard account as an administrator. Go to Administration >> Settings >> E-Mail
Enter in the field “E-Mail Domain” the domain from which the e-mails are sent (e.g. @your-domain.com – without www and @-sign!)
Click on Save domain.
Three CNAME entries will be generated, which you have to enter as DNS entries in your domain administration. This is done at the provider or company where your domain is reserved.
As soon as all CNAME entries are set and active, you can validate the domain. To do this, click on the “Validate domain” button and check the result. If the domain validation was successful, you can send with your own e-mail addresses.
Please note that the sending with your own sender address is not automatically blocked by the system even without the authentication of your domain and is purely technically possible, but with the following restrictions:
- With certain e-mail providers (e.g. Google Mail) a message “sent via Sendgrid” is displayed behind the sender address.
- The deliverability rate can be reduced by missing domain authentication.
The e-mail address can be stored in the following places in the system:
- Global setting (e.g. [email protected] for all eCards)
- Setting per motif (e.g. [email protected] for all eCards with Christmas motif, [email protected] for all eCards with trade fair motif)
- Individual sender address of the user (e.g. [email protected] or [email protected] ). This setting is made at design level.
- Per user group (e.g. [email protected], for all eCards sent by users of a specific user group)
3. Further configuration options (internationalization and serial mailings)
Switch serial mailing on and off
If your users do not actively use the mail merge feature, it can be disabled globally. This further simplifies the sending process for your users, as only the normal mailing function can be selected.
In the main settings, select Functions and then uncheck Enable serial mailing.
The serial mailing can be reactivated at any time.
International use with multilingual eCards
In the main settings area you can select the languages in which eCard themes can be created. By default, only German and English are preset, but any number of languages can be added.
To do this, mark the respective languages in the drop-down menus with a check mark. Confirm your adjustments with Save.
4. Setting up administrative users
Set up a separate account for the administrator of your Power eCard system. To do this, create a new user in the Administration > User area and assign the role “Administrator”.
Data Protection Officer
All data protection functions in Power eCard can only be used by users with a specific role because they are granted extensive access rights. Therefore, create one or more separate users and assign the role “privacy officer” to these users.
Functions for these users are among others:
- Access to complete logging of all processes and data storage (mandatory logging)
- Export function for protocol, also at recipient level (obligation to provide information)
- Export function for data (right to data transfer)
- Global search and delete function for user data including logging (right to delete)
With these functions, the data protection officer in the company can react immediately to any enquiries (information, deletion, data export, blocking, etc.) with just a few clicks.
Further information on creating users and assigning roles can be found here.
5. Onboarding of employees
There are several ways to give your employees access to the Power eCard system. Find out how users can access the Power eCard system by clicking on the following link: